20 raw prawns , medium size
4-5 cups chicken broth/soup stock
2 Tbs Sliced lemon grass, lightly pounded, cut into 1 inch long segments
4 table spoons fish sauce – nam pla
1/3 cup sliced galangal
1/2 cup straw mushroom, halved or whole
6-8 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
4 tablespoons lime juice
6 crushed fresh Thai chili peppers
2 tablespoons “nam prik pao” roasted chili in oil
Fresh corianderfor garnish
1. Wash the prawns and shell and de-vein them without removing the tails. Bring chicken broth to a boil.
2. Add lemongrass, galanga and lime leaves.
3. Bring back to a boil
4. add mushrooms, fish sauce, prik pao and lime juice.
5. Add prawns and fresh chilli peppers.
6. As soon as prawns turn pink (cooked through)